Friday, June 16, 2006

2 - 0 to the Arsenal

I hate this.
We make one of our best ever starts to the World Cup and still I don't feel very happy.

Granted, results-wise and statistically we are one of the best teams in Germany but the performance sucked. If we can't dominate Trinidad and Tobago we won't stand a chance against better teams. If Terry hadn't made that crucial clearance off the line before we scored we could even have been in third place in the group this morning. I mentioned that Glen was a real live wire and I still don't understand why he started on the subs bench.

The pluses:
1. Great goal from Gerrard (Sven, he's much better when he's in an attacking role).
2. Lennon looked confident and skilful.
3. Rooney came through unscathed.

I think for the Sweden game England should start with the same line up that finished this game. They certainly showed more penetration in the second half than in the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home